Emergency Management Training Courses
The courses are offered at the strategic, tactical and operational level and include:
- Introduction to Civil Contingencies and Emergency Management
- Introduction to Incident Management
- Creating Emergency Plans
- Strategic Emergency Management
- Crisis Leadership and Team Building
- Foundation Course in Business Continuity
- Introduction to the Media and Crisis Communications
- Media Interview Training
- Emergency Control Centre Operation
- Exercise Excellence - design, delivery, review
- Preparing for Pandemic Influenza in the Workplace
For course details, please contact us.
Bespoke courses, on-site delivery
The courses will be tailored to meet your objectives and culture, and to meet the needs of your staff, their role and level of expertise. Our delivery can be supported by a training needs analysis and maturity model to provide focus and objectivity. This ensures your staff will gain maximum value from the training and your investment.
Our courses are delivered on-site at a location of your choice, helping you to maximise your efficiency.
All our trainers have operational experience which means they bring the training alive with real life examples and experience of 'working in the field'. They will also illustrate their teaching with the use of topical case studies.
Putting emergency management training into practice
To further augment learning, we can deliver facilitated workshops and practical sessions as part of the training course. This gives delegates the chance to put their learning into action in a safe environment and with assistance at hand to answer questions. Research and experience shows this leads to a step change in learning outcome.
E-learning and computer-based training
Steelhenge also develops comprehensive e-learning packages. These can be delivered to delegates in preparation for training, or instead of face to face training or as part of an ongoing learning programme.
Who will benefit from civil protection and emergency management courses
- Central Government
- Charities and NGOs
- Regional Offices and Local Authorities
- Staff with a leadership role in an emergency
- Staff responsible for crisis communications and media handling
- Staff new to emergency planning roles or needing a refresher
- Staff needing an awareness of emergency planning to perform in role
For a full list of our sector experience and individual case studies, please click here.